Automotive Group Senior Director of Compliance. Job Number 13829.
Auto Group Director of Compliance Opening
This Auto Group Director of Compliance Opening is a Senior Level role with an Auto Group that consists of 35 plus Dealerships, with over 15 Brands and 30 plus Locations.
Areas of Responsibility Include:
• Design and implement policies and procedures to ensure that sales and service departments operate in compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
• Develop and oversee a compliance review program to monitor sales and service department compliance with company policies and applicable law.
• Actively follow legal and political changes impacting dealership operations, and implement necessary changes to policies and procedures.
• Provide oversight of, and leadership to, Compliance Department personnel to ensure efficient and effective delivery of services for internal customers.
• Establish and maintain trust and strong working relationship with dealership management supporting their efforts to comply with laws, regulations and corporate policy.
• Develop and maintain relationships with outside vendors and industry associations, including compliance review consultants, outside legal counsel, and state dealer associations.
• Respond to compliance related questions from the field to provide the proper guidance to dealership management and personnel.
• Assist in the coordination of responses to regulatory and law enforcement agencies regarding compliance matters.
• Oversee the preparation of applications for dealership licenses; monitor license status, and process renewals and changes, to ensure that all licenses remain current.
• Develop and implement compliance-related training courses for Auto Group University and at dealerships.
• Perform all other duties and special projects as assigned.
Education and/or Training:
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Advanced Degree (e.g. JD) or Certification (e.g. CPA) preferred.
Relevant Work Experience:
- 5+ years of experience in relevant dealership operations such as Controller or F&I manager
- 5+ years in managerial role of increasing responsibility where quality and process improvement and employee development have been key activities.
- 5+ years of experience in a dedicated compliance function (e.g. Director of Compliance, Compliance Manager, etc.) at a regional or national dealership group preferred
Compensation at $200,000 & Up Depending on Experience Level. Benefit Package, Senior Level Amenities.
Car People is the “Safer Way” to look for a new job.
* We control who sees your resume and what references are called from information you give us.
* Sending your resume to a Job Site can result in your resume being distributed around a business before you are even contacted.
* If Compensation isn’t quoted your “Confidentiality is at Risk” applying & interviewing not knowing if the compensation is acceptable.
* Employers may post this job on other sites. We have historical employer information including compensation & why the job is open.
Comment from Placed Candidate
“What I like about Car People is that it works! They are focused on dealership openings as opposed to me having to look on the Internet. Their website is a great tool in searching for a new job. It really worked for me.”
Car People Oregon & AutoJobsOnline.com
Your “Search Engine” for Automotive Jobs in Portland Oregon & the Pacific Northwest
Who We Are & What We Do
* Dealerships rely on us to Find them Qualified Applicants.
* We are Car People helping Car People find a New Job and offer a Free Updated or New Resume.
* Car People is a Free, Confidential and Friendly Automotive Placement Service. 33rd Year.
* All Inquiries are 100% Confidential regardless if we have a relationship with your current Employer.
SEO Keywords: Automotive Parts Counter Portland Area
Click here for our “Automotive Dealership” Craigslist Ads
“Our Newest Jobs are on Craigslist”